Last Updated: February 4, 2021
Table of Contents
Information We Collect 2
How We Collect Information. 3
Third Parties that Collect Information on Our Sites. 5
How We Use and Share Information. 5
Other Privacy and Security Provisions. 7
Conflict Between this Policy and Laws and Regulations
Information We Collect
We collect information that personally identifies, relates to, describes, or is capable of being associated with you (“Personal Information”), including:
- Unique Identifiers such as name, social security number, date of birth, driver’s license number, passport number;
- Contact Information such as mailing address, billing address, email address, phone number;
- Characteristics of Protected Classifications such as age, gender, race, ethnicity;
- Commercial Information such as purchase/lease history, vehicle service history, warranty and recall service history, sweepstakes and other promotion participation, and participation in our loyalty program;
- Financial Information such as credit card number, bank account number and routing number, transaction history;
- Internet and Network Information such as IP address, device ID, browsing/search history, browser type, Touch/Face ID settings, in-app notifications and settings;
- Geolocation Data such as the latitude and longitude of the device from which you use our mobile application;
- Audio/Visual Information such as call recordings, video or audio testimonials or stories;
- Inferences drawn from the above categories of Personal Information that relate to your preferences, characteristics, psychological trends, predispositions, behavior, attitudes, intelligence, abilities, and aptitudes (e.g., consumer response models, propensity to purchase models).
The specific Personal Information we collect about you may vary based on how you use the Sites and/or Services and your relationship with us.
We also collect information about businesses and their representatives that engage with us such as EIN, TIN, address, phone number, email address, and credit card or bank account information (collectively, “Business Information”). This information is generally not considered Personal Information because it relates to a business or a business contact.
Usage Data and Sites Activity
We automatically collect information in connection with the actions you take on the Sites (“Usage Data”). For example, each time you visit our website, we automatically collect the type of web browser you use, the type of device you use, your operating system, your Internet Service Provider, the pages you view, referring and exit pages, the date and time of your visit, and the number of clicks to, from, and within the Sites, and the duration of your visits to the Sites. When you use our mobile application, we gather information about data and time of your use, duration of use, your device type, and operating system. If this information is reasonably capable of being associated with you, we treat it as Personal Information under the category Internet and Network Information. If this information is not reasonably capable of being individually associated with you, we treat it as Usage Data.
We may record calls and retain the content of text messages or other written/electronic communications between you and us. By communicating with us, you consent to our recording and retention of communications.
How We Collect Information
We may ask you to provide us with Personal Information when you communicate with us (online or offline), register to use the Sites, enter a depository account relationship with our partner bank, and at other times. You are not required to provide us your Personal Information; however, if you choose not to provide the requested information, you may not be able to use some or all of the features of the Sites or Services or we may not be able to fulfill your requested interaction.
Third-Party Data Sources
We may collect Personal Information from third-party data sources such as data brokers, marketing/advertising agencies, identity verification services, financial institutions, and government agencies.
Cookies and Other Automated Tools
We use the following types of cookies:
- Session Cookies: Session cookies keep track of you or your information as you move from page to page within the Sites and are typically deleted once you close your browser. For example, session cookies allow online calculators and communication forms to function properly.
- Persistent Cookies: Persistent cookies reside on your system and allow us to customize your experience if you leave and later return to the Sites. For example, persistent cookies may allow us to remember your preferences.
- Advertising Cookies: Advertising cookies are used to learn more about you and advertise products/services that might interest you.
- Functional Cookies: Functional cookies allow our Sites to work as intended such as by ensuring fonts display correctly or allowing you to add items to our online shopping cart for later purchase.
We employ software technology that enables us to track certain aspects of a user’s visit to the Sites. This technology helps us better manage content on the Sites by informing us what content is effective, how consumers engage with the Sites, and how consumers arrive at and/or depart from the Sites. The software typically uses two methods to track user activity: (1) “tracking pixels” and (2) “clear gifs.” Tracking pixels are pieces of executable code that are embedded in a web page that track usage activity including which pages are viewed, when they are viewed, and how long the pages are viewed. Clear gifs are tiny graphics with unique identifiers which are embedded in web pages and email messages that track whether a user has viewed a web page or email message. User activity information may be associated with additional information about a user’s session and Personal Information, if provided by the user.
Information from Advertisements
If you arrive at the Sites via an advertisement (e.g., banner ad), we may collect information regarding the advertisement with which you interacted and your interactions (e.g., item clicked, date, and time).
Third Parties that Collect Information on Our Sites
Certain third parties, including but not limited to those identified below, collect Personal Information and/or Usage Data from users of our Sites using automatic information collection tools such as APIs, cookies, and tracking pixels. The collection, use, and disclosure of Personal Information and/or Usage Data by these third parties is governed by their privacy policies.
How We Use and Share Information
We use Personal Information for internal purposes, such as:
- Provide you with the Sites and Services,
- Account creation, fulfillment, servicing and customer support: to create customer accounts, allow customers to create online accounts and profiles, provide goods or services, keep customers informed about the status of their purchases and services, respond to questions and address customers concerns, and deliver updates, upgrades, and product improvement information;
- Marketing and market research: to send communications and offers and place advertisements for our or third parties’ products and services, including offers based on consumers’ interests, personal and business characteristics, and location, perform analytics for market and consumer research, trend analysis, financial analysis, and anonymization of personal information;
- Surveys, promotional events, contests: to administer surveys, polls, sweepstakes, contests, loyalty programs, and other promotional events and contests;
- Other company communications: to provide consumers with information that may be of interest such as company newsletters, announcements, reminders, and service bulletins;
- Sites and Services use and analytics: to provide you with access to and use of our Sites and Services, analyze consumers’ use of our Sites, including the use of third-party web analytics services which may utilize automated technologies to collect data (such as email and IP addresses);
- Eligibility and pricing: to determine if consumers are eligible for certain products, services, or offers and the pricing related to such offers;
- Product research: to conduct research and analysis for maintaining, protecting, and developing services, increase and maintain the safety of our products and services, and prevent misuse;
- Business operations: to evaluate, develop, and improve business operations, products and services offered, perform business administration and other normal business activities;
- Compliance: to comply with applicable legal requirements, government requests, industry standards, contractual obligations, our policies, and take actions that we deem necessary to preserve and enforce our rights and the rights of others; and
- Information security and fraud prevention: to operate information security and anti-fraud programs.
Testimonials and Stories
If you provide a testimonial or story, we may post it publicly on the Sites or in other advertising material. By providing a testimonial or story, you give us permission to use it in any manner and for any purpose, including in marketing and advertising communications, without any compensation to you. Unless prohibited by applicable law, we may also use your likeness and story on the Sites or in other advertising material.
We may establish a relationship with other businesses to provide services to us which may include corporate affiliates (“Service Providers”), including for:
- Provision of the Sites and Services;
- Facilitating marketing and non-marketing communications;
- Marketing design and development;
- Business analytics (both marketing and non-marketing related);
- IT and network administration such as mobile application development, data storage and management, website hosting, and data security;
- Sweepstakes and event design and administration;
- Loyalty program design and administration;
- Identity verification;
- Credit score and consumer report provision;
- Provision of dealer management software or customer relationship management software;
- Financing or leasing vehicles;
- Payment processing;
- Registering vehicles with governmental agencies or taking other actions to receive or transfer ownership of vehicles;
- Professional services such as legal and accounting;
- Obtaining legal records;
- Collection of accounts; and
- Day-to-day business operations such as courier services, facilities management, and document destruction.
We only provide our Service Providers with the Personal Information necessary for them to perform these services on our behalf. Each Service Provider is expected to use reasonable security measures appropriate to the nature of the information involved to protect your Personal Information from unauthorized access, use, or disclosure. Service Providers are prohibited from using Personal Information other than as specified by us.
We may share the following types of Personal Information with one or more Service Providers: unique identifiers; contact information; characteristics of protected classifications; commercial information; financial information; geolocation information; audio/visual information; Internet and network information; inferences drawn from the foregoing categories of Personal Information.
You may also be asked to provide Personal Information directly to a Service Provider. For example, we may connect you with a third-party financial institution or financial calculator provider and request that you provide Personal Information directly to them.
We do not sell your Personal Information to third-party companies.
Sharing with Harley-Davidson, Inc.
We may share your Personal Information with our franchisor, Harley-Davidson, Inc., and any of its subsidiary or affiliate companies (collectively, “Harley-Davidson”). Please review Harley-Davidson’s Privacy Notice for information about how Harley-Davidson may use or disclosure your Personal Information.
Other Privacy and Security Provisions
We recognize the importance of safeguarding the confidentiality of Personal Information from loss, misuse, or alteration. Accordingly, we employ commercially reasonable administrative, technical, and physical safeguards to protect such Personal Information from unauthorized access, disclosure, and use. Even with these safeguards, no data transmission over the Internet or other network can be guaranteed 100% secure. As a result, while we strive to protect information transmitted on or through our Sites or Services, you do so at your own risk.
Please be aware that third-party websites accessible through the Sites or recommended through our Services may have their own privacy and data collection policies and practices. We are not responsible for any actions, content of websites, or privacy policies of such third parties. You should check the applicable privacy policies of those third parties when providing information.
Compliance with Laws and Law Enforcement
We cooperate with government and law enforcement officials and private parties to enforce and comply with the law. We may disclose Personal Information and any other information about you to government or law enforcement officials or private parties if, in our discretion, we believe it is necessary or appropriate to respond to legal requests (including court orders, investigative demands and subpoenas), to protect the safety, property, or rights of ourselves, consumers, or any other third party, to prevent or stop any illegal, unethical, or legally actionable activity, or to comply with law.
We may share Personal Information and Usage Data with businesses controlling, controlled by, or under common control with us. If we are merged, acquired or sold, or in the event of a transfer of some or all of our assets, we may disclose or transfer Personal Information and Usage Data in connection with such transaction.
How Long We Retain Your Data
We retain your Personal Information for as long as we have a relationship with you. We also retain your Personal Information for a period of time after our relationship with you has ended where there is an ongoing business need to retain it. This includes retention to comply with our legal, regulatory, tax, and/or accounting obligations.
The Sites and Services are not intended for children under the age of 18 and we do not knowingly collect Personal Information from children under the age of 18. If we become aware that we have inadvertently received Personal Information from a child under the age of 18, we will delete such information from our records.
California “Do Not Track” Disclosure
Do Not Track is a web browser privacy preference that causes the web browser to broadcast a signal to websites requesting that a user’s activity not be tracked. Currently, our Sites and Services do not respond to “do not track” signals.
Ohio Motorcycle Group
1465 State Route 39 NW
Dover, Oh 44622
Email address: email@example.com